- How to apply
You should identify
It is then necessary to develop the project so that the PMU can understand it and consider it for assistance.
Example of projects:
- One-off or periodical training sessions, seminars and workshops;
- Requests to develop university curricula;
- Capacity and institution building in national/regional organisations, Ministries and/or Departments;
- Requests for trade experts for short or longer term periods to solve particular trade-related issues;
- Projects to improve the work of selected trade institutions on trade policy decisions and implementation of trade agreements;
- Research and diagnostic studies directly linked to TradeCom objectives and country needs.
- Requests for lawyers to provide legal studies and analysis and / or legal drafting or legal representation.
You should complete the Request Form as fully as you can. Obligatory sections should be presented clearly and with detail, to allow the PMU to understand the project and ensure that the activities presented are the best solution to your need or problem.
If the project is approved for assistance, then the project description in the Application will also be the main source of guidance for the selection of expertise and for directing the project’s implementation.
The PMU can assist beneficiaries to formulate first drafts of Applications.
In other words, you are advised to engage into a preliminary contact with the PMU. Upon receipt of a first call, letter, fax or e-mail by the PMU, a trade expert will be assigned to the file, and will guide you through the Application form.