What projects are eligible
Projects must be in accordance with the purpose and objectives of the TradeCom Facility and contribute to poverty alleviation. Eligible Requests for Assistance have to fulfill one or more of the following:
- Contribute to the enhancement of the analytical and institutional capacity of the ACP for trade policy formulation;
- Contribute to the strengthening of the institutional capacity to implement trade policies and trade agreements;
- Contribute to the ongoing process of the ACP-EU and /or multilateral negotiations;
- Address particular identified capacity constraints related to the negotiations and integrate short-term needs with longer capacity building objectives;
- Provide relevant and accessible trade-related outputs to the ACP;
- Have a clear focus on the trade-related thematic and sectoral areas of concern to the ACP;
- Make use of and help to transfer trade-related knowledge and skills to ACP expertise;
- Associated trade policy requirements;
- Support for networking between different stakeholders and producers.
Applications can include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Institutional capacity building;
- Workshops and seminars;
- Training and educational programmes;
- Diagnostic studies;
- Trade-related technical assistance;
- Legal review of laws and regulations having an impact on trade.
TradeCom projects are based on the provision of technical assistance.
Grant awards are subject to a separate procedure that falls outside the decision-making process of the TradeCom PMU.